Simons Law Group, PLLC, focuses on matters involving condominium and homeowners’ association law, litigation, estate planning and contract law. We assist clients in the day-to-day management of their associations including preparing governing documents, preparing the Board of Directors for annual meetings and elections, and reviewing management, cable and landscaping contracts, and other agreements.
Simons Law Group, PLLC, also represents their clients in arbitration, mediation and litigation ranging from construction defect cases, recall disputes, evictions, foreclosures, covenant enforcement matters, and director & officer insurance defense.
Among the types of services routinely provided to community association clients are the following:
- Legal counsel in the application of state and local law and court rulings and administrative decisions impacting on the operation of community associations.
- Compliance with applicable Federal Laws, such as the Telecommunications Act of 1996, the Fair Housing Laws, and the Employment Discrimination Laws, as well as similar state and local Statutes and Ordinances.
- Interpretation, amendment, and enforcement of the Governing Documents — Declaration of Condominium, Declaration of Covenants, Conditions and Restrictions, the Articles of Incorporation, the Bylaws of the Association and the rules and regulations.
- Answering day-to-day questions regarding operational, technical, regulatory, and practical issues.
- Advising on hurricane preparation, protection and counsel on recovery and rebuilding efforts.
- Assisting the Board of Directors on fiscal matters, such as budgeting, levying special assessments, and establishing reserves.
- Addressing maintenance and repair issues and distinguishing between those projects which require Board approval and those which require unit owner approval.
- Drafting and reviewing contracts for the management, maintenance, repair and operation of the community.
- Assisting in planning and developing contracts for construction projects and complying with construction lien laws.
- The collection of delinquent assessments.
- Counseling ad-hoc committees in the pre-transition phase of the community’s evolution.
- Providing legal counsel for post-transition, unit owner-controlled associations on developer issues, including the resolution of warranty, accounting and representation claims, and the establishment of on-going operational controls.
- Reviewing loan documents and structuring commercial lines of credit and/or arranging sources of financing for recreation lease purchases, capital improvements, etc.
If you have an association issue please contact us to discuss your case with our experienced and trusted association attorneys.